Fire-fighters were called yet again to Miramar Studios after contractors digging on site ran into fowl smelling sludge. A pollution response team was called in and now the ooze is being labeled as “toxic” and blamed on previous businesses that once used the site including “old gasworks and paint workshops”, reports The Dominion Post. Mike Dombroski, acting firefighter commander, told reporters “The council are dealing with where [the liquid sludge] goes and what the potential could be”.Thankfully this newest incident will not hamper with The Hobbit, as they are picking up filming again in August 2011.
- Join Our Fellowship!
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hobbit
- Contact Us
Movie NewsPosted by Arwen on June 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm
Author: Arwen The Creator and Executive Director of Middle-earth News. Arwen is a mother of two, an uber geek, loves all things Tolkien, pretends to understand LOTRO, and kicks ass at fantasy card games. She constantly quotes from The Muppets, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate…. you get the point.
- BREAKING: Small Explosion at Peter Jackson’s Hobbit StudiosMay 23, 2011
- Meet the Hobbits Behind ‘Road to the Shire’ in our Exclusive InterviewAugust 4, 2011
- BREAKING: New Photos of Rivendell Set in Route to Hobbit StudiosMay 30, 2011
- Exclusive Interview With An Owner Of Piopio Farm Suzie DenizeApril 23, 2014
- Happy #WorldBookDay! 📚 Take a photo of your favorite #Tolkien book, we'd love to see your #TolkienCollection! https://t.co/463ueyiVOL44 mins ago
- @LindaWonder 7 PM EDT! @MylaMalinalda and @MeNewsValdis will be there for Middle-earth News!13 hours ago
- Hope to see everyone next week for the BIG FINISH! #ROTK -Valdis #6wkmmm13 hours ago
- @shun_geki_satsu Same! Always a great time! -Valdis #6wkmmm13 hours ago
- Thanks to all for joining us this week! Be sure to join in for #ROTK next week! I'll have my mop to clean up my tears! -Valdis #6wkmmm13 hours ago