As part of the celebrations for the 75th anniversary of “The Hobbit,” a new book containing over 100 illustrations will be published this week. Many of the maps, paintings, sketches and drawings by Tolkien were part of the archive in the Bodleian Library in Oxford and have not been released to the public before. The book, edited by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, is set to be released on October 27th. You can see some examples of Tolkien’s early drawings for “The Hobbit” here. The book is also available on Amazon for pre-order.
- Join Our Fellowship!
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hobbit
- Contact Us
Art and Literature News / Tolkien NewsPosted by Arwen on October 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Author: Arwen The Creator and Executive Director of Middle-earth News. Arwen is a mother of two, an uber geek, loves all things Tolkien, pretends to understand LOTRO, and kicks ass at fantasy card games. She constantly quotes from The Muppets, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate…. you get the point.
- You could win our @lotrproject tote #giveaway for #TolkienReadingDay ! @OlorisPublish #tolkiensociety… https://t.co/xfD4It0cAM3 hours ago
- It's #TolkienReadingDay ! What are you reading? #tolkiensociety #tolkien https://t.co/66YTpHn9wo7 hours ago
- @Darth_Zuul We always use the EE, but folks can watch either version!7 hours ago
- .@OlorisPublish is giving @MiddleEarthNews readers a discount, #tolkienreadingday - 15April !… https://t.co/C2R1VMq8lD9 hours ago
- Happy #TolkienReadingDay ! We have giveaways of special magnificence! @OlorisPublish #tolkiensociety #tolkien… https://t.co/8emfAJqlPI10 hours ago