As part of the celebrations for the 75th anniversary of “The Hobbit,” a new book containing over 100 illustrations will be published this week. Many of the maps, paintings, sketches and drawings by Tolkien were part of the archive in the Bodleian Library in Oxford and have not been released to the public before. The book, edited by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, is set to be released on October 27th. You can see some examples of Tolkien’s early drawings for “The Hobbit” here. The book is also available on Amazon for pre-order.
- Join Our Fellowship!
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hobbit
- Contact Us
Art and Literature News / Tolkien NewsPosted by Arwen on October 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Author: Arwen The Creator and Executive Director of Middle-earth News. Arwen is a mother of two, an uber geek, loves all things Tolkien, pretends to understand LOTRO, and kicks ass at fantasy card games. She constantly quotes from The Muppets, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate…. you get the point.
- 6 Week Middle-earth Movie Marathon Continues with ‘The Lord of the Rings’ https://t.co/bddXvqCNaB #6wkMMM https://t.co/2JET8Myt6H3 hours ago
- Soundtracks of Middle-earth to celebrate @lotro's 10th anniversary! >> https://t.co/bxeU7L9z9a #lotro https://t.co/6G257FHUmG17 hours ago
- Soundtracks of Middle-earth to celebrate @lotro's 10th anniversary! >> https://t.co/bxeU7L9z9a #lotro https://t.co/xdXpUKoC5n19 hours ago
- .@lotro is sharing some of the most beautiful soundrack on YouTube! More about that on our website >>… https://t.co/0K9pysVc6nApr 27, 2017
- If we were to host a book club, hypothetically speaking, were would you want the discussions to take place....hypothetically, of course? 😉Apr 27, 2017