Adventure Wellington have taken on the sandcastle challenge to help raise awareness and funds for Neonatal Trust New Zealand. The Trust provides support to families of premature or sick full term babies from Neonatal Intensive Care to home.
Weta Workshop, the special effects company behind The Hobbit, have lent their support. The rules for the record attempt state that each sandcastle has to be 2ft tall with a 2ft wide base and include four turrets; so Weta Workshop have stepped in and designed and molded special buckets to be used during the attempt.
Now, to help raise lots of money for the Neonatal Trust, Adventure Wellington have launched the Golden Bucket competition. For every $10 pledge you make to the Trust, you get the chance to win prizes (which include signed Weta Workshop memorabilia), the two grand prizes being The Golden Bucket.
Inside each Golden Bucket are:
- 2 x international flights to Wellington flying Air New Zealand
- 5 x nights of five star accommodation in Wellington
- A BMW to drive during your stay in Wellington
- 2 x tickets to take part in the Sandcastle World Record attempt, where you’ll meet Sir Richard Taylor and the special guest host
- Taken on adventures with Adventure Wellington
But what’s all this got to do with The Hobbit? Well, those canny folk at Adventure Wellington have set the date of the challenge for 25 November which means you’d be in Wellington for the world premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey!
So come, give some money to a terrific cause and get yourself the chance of that Golden Bucket.
Photo by Jon (Flickr: Ultimate Sand Castle) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons