Middle-earth tour guide and New Zealand dweller Jack Machiela of The Noldor Blog alerted us to this contest!
A local fabric softener company managed to snag seats for an advance screening of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 12, 2012. That’s one day before the film is released to the rest of New Zealand!
See full contest details below.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoters of this competition are Foodstuffs (Wellington) Co-operative Society Limited, Foodstuffs (Auckland) Limited and Foodstuffs South Island Limited (Foodstuffs).
2. The competition commences on 15th October 2012 and runs until close of trade on 25th November 2012 (the Competition Period).
3. You will receive an entry in the draw each time you purchase any two Cold Power or Cuddly products from any of the following participating New World supermarkets during the Competition Period and swipe or scan your Fly Buys card at the time of payment at the following New World Supermarkets:
- New World Upper North Island – Turangi and Taumarunui north
- New World Lower North Island – stores in Wellington, Wairarapa, Taranaki, Manawatu, Wanganui and Hawkes Bay regions only.
- New World South – all stores in the South Island
5. The prize winners will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Fly Buys) on 28th November 2012 by random electronic selection from all entries. The first eligible winner drawn from each of the three New World regions will win a pre-release private screening of The Hobbit for him or herself and thirty (30) friends. There are three major prizes to be won, one for each New World region.
Prize / s
a). There are three (3) major prizes to be won. The 3 major prize winner/s will each receive a pre-release private screening of The Hobbit for him or herself and thirty (30) friends. The screenings are only available at Hoyts Cinemas in the following locations; Auckland, Hamilton, Christchurch & Dunedin and Reading Cinemas in the following location; Wellington. Exhibitor partners may be subject to change. Due to multiple format options for this film further restrictions may apply. A minimum of seven working days prior notice is required for all bookings and screenings to take up the screenings, including 3D, and all screenings are subject to availability at the time of booking. The screenings can only be taken on the 12th December 2012 prior to the public release of the movie. If a winner is unable to redeem the prize on the 12th December 2012, a private screening can take place after the 21st January 2013. This is subject to availability and limitations may apply. Accommodation, travel and other expenses related to taking up the prizes are not included. $RRP = Money can’t buy.
If you live in New Zealand, it’s well worth it to take advantage of this offer! Good luck to all those who enter!
It looks like Wellington MAY have a line party. We held Welly-moot (the meeting of Wellington’s Tolkien enthusiasts) at the Embassy Theatre yesterday. I spoke to the Elly, the manager there, and asked her when Hobbit tickets to the December 13th opening would be available. She said at 12:01am Nov 7th (online), and 09:00am next morning (physical box office). I asked her if she would consider opening the physical box office at midnight as well, and she said she’d consider it IF she got enough demand for it.
Please if you know anyone in Wellington who wants to stand in line for the world’s FIRST official tickets (keep in mind our midnight happens an hour before anyone else’s midnight!!), get them to send an email to Elly, the manager of Wellington’s Embassy Theatre, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject of “Please open the Box Office at 12:0am, Nov 7th for Hobbit Tickets!”. If it opens, I plan to be there on the night – let’s see how many others we can get to join us!
Elly is a very nice person, and TOTALLY enthusiastic about The Hobbit, so please be nice to her when you email her!
There is a lot going on for Hobbit fans in New Zealand! If you live in Wellington, please join Jack in emailing Elly at the Embassy Theatre. And if she does open up early for all of the Hobbit fans, I’m sure she wouldn’t complain if you brought her some coffee and a breakfast pastry!