Yesterday Evangeline Lilly, who we will see in the role of Tauriel the Elf in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, realized a Tauriel-trivia section on her Twitter profile, answering to the questions of her fans.
Below there are some of Evangeline’s answers. For the original tweets (with hashtags and tags) please visit @EvangelineLilly on Twitter.
— EL (@EvangelineLilly) August 12, 2013
- Tauriel is a bit of a workaholic! But, what she does in her free time will be revealed in The Desolation of Smaug
- Tauriel’s best quality is her selfless desire for justice. This makes her a true hero.
- Best part about playing Tauriel: speaking Elvish n killing orcs (but the latter was hard at 1st since I’d just had a baby.)
- Best part about being in Tolkien world? Phew…Peter and his team’s world creation! The sets and costumes, props, etc
- Hair and make-up took 2-2.5 hours in the am. Not bad compared to the orcs 5 hours!
- If I could live anywhere in Middle-earth (tough choice) I would live in Lothlórien.
- Filming my first scene was very hard. I got my lines late, had a whole slew of Elvish, had to command 5 actors and…
- OrlandoBloom is a very kind-hearted person.
- PJ offered me the part when I was laid up in bed after giving birth to my first son.
- My long, red wig not only got in the way in stunt scenes, but gave me an incredible headache.
- Once in a stunt scene, a portion of my wig got torn from my head…glue’n’all.
- Once in a stunt scene I shot my ear right off!
- The biggest thing that differentiates Tauriel from most of the male characters in The Hobbit is her selflessness.
- Most difficult part of playing an Elf: the movement. Learning to move like an elf after years of moving like a fugitive. 😉
- Gentlemen actors of The Hobbit could not have been more lovely, courteous n generous to me!
- [Tauriel] In 3 words: selfless, ruthless, passionate.
- Tauriel is like a caracol.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is scheduled for release on 13 December 2013.