Sometimes, Middle-earth is closer than you think. After five years of planning, designing, and construction, the museum for one of the world’s largest Tolkien collections is celebration its opening this weekend. Situated in Switzerland, the Greisinger Museum will exhibit Bernd Greisinger’s private Middle-earth collection displayed in individually design room. Whether it is a giant Balrog or Argonath, a passion for details makes you feel as if you’re transported into Middle-earth. In other words, the museum is worth a visit!
- Join Our Fellowship!
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hobbit
- Contact Us
Art and Literature NewsPosted by Maria Messer on September 7, 2013 at 9:25 am
Author: Maria Messer When Maria watched the Fellowship the very first time in cinemas, she fell hopelessly in love with Tolkien’s work. Up to the point where she lost herself in Middle Earth entirely.When not occupied with studying, she likes to draw, hoard books, travel around (if her bank account allows it), and pretending to be a hobbit that is attending Hogwarts in order to become a jedi knight.
- Exclusive first look at Greisinger Museum by HobbitFilm.itAugust 16, 2013
- The Magic of the Ring: Tolkien Art exhibition in ItalyFebruary 11, 2015
- Exclusive HobbitCon Video Features Dwarf Actors and Tolkien MuseumApril 22, 2014
- Aidan Turner and Dean O’Gorman to Attend Swiss PremiereNovember 8, 2013
- If we were to host a book club, hypothetically speaking, were would you want the discussions to take place....hypothetically, of course? 😉5 hours ago
- Join us this Saturday at 7pm EDT for the last live tweeting of our #6wkMMM and you may win a @WetaWorkshop giveaway… https://t.co/cKvO7Wb26o20 hours ago
- This is the final week of #6wkMMM! Ready for ROTK? Join us Saturday at 7pm EDT for the live tweeting… https://t.co/9suJLnARkmApr 25, 2017
- Gimli the Dwarf on Uruk-hai statue now available from #WetaWorkshop! https://t.co/iMO2oJ3mwG #LOTR https://t.co/1BMn6PQNHnApr 24, 2017
- RT @5ed9cdac9dd4424: @MiddleEarthNews My beloved collection. Got every book twice, Czech/English #NationalBookDay https://t.co/hgJ2wL6xWPApr 23, 2017