Year 3019 – The Lord of the Rings
- Frodo and Samwise make their last journey to the feet of Mount Doom
- The Host camps in the Desolation of the Morannon
- The Host is surrounded on the Slag-hills
- Frodo and Samwise reach the Sammath Naur
- Gollum seizes the Ring and falls in the Cracks of Doom
- Downfall of Barad-dûr and passing of Sauron
‘Precious, precious, precious!’ Gollum cried. ‘My Precious! O my Precious!’ And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a shriek he fell. Out of the depths came his last wail Precious, and he was gone.
There was a roar and a great confusion of noise. Fires leaped up and licked the roof. The throbbing grew to a great tumult, and the Mountain shook.
[The Return of the King, Book 6, Chapter 3: Mount Doom]
- Celeborn crosses Anduin; destruction of Dol Guldur begun
Year 3021 – The Lord of the Rings
- Birth of Elanor the Fair, daughter of Samwise
- On this day the Fourth Age began in the reckoning of Gondor
- Bard II and Thorin III Stonehelm drive the enemy from Dale